Spencer's Video Thread

This is a just a simple 35 sec commercial for the roll out of our new unit. I wanted to put something out there so people start hearing about us.

I don't know when I'll have a suitable video for publishing but when I do, you know I'll post it here.

As always, Watch in High Definition!

https://youtu.be/EZNMDdOyYHw

GySgt (Ret) Spencer
Critical Skills Operator
Retired

• 4 weeks later...

Men,

This is the first of what I hope will be many promotional and entertaining videos of the training and missions of the 4th MRB. This training mission was conducted under low light conditions, and, without the benefit of NVGs. Therefore, especially toward the end, much of the video shows a very limited view of whats happening with the first team.

I edited this video to eliminate much but not all of the slow times.

https://youtu.be/guvzXFmENmI

GySgt (Ret) Spencer
Critical Skills Operator
Retired

Men,

This is the first of what I hope will be many promotional and entertaining videos of the training and missions of the 4th MRB. This training mission was conducted under low light conditions, and, without the benefit of NVGs. Therefore, especially toward the end, much of the video shows a very limited view of whats happening with the first team.

I edited this video to eliminate much but not all of the slow times.

I really enjoyed this video! Great work! It is great to see what happened based on what we could only see on BFT and the UAV feed. Looking forward to seeing more of these.

1LT "Sparky" Creech
Rotary Wing Aviator, Reserves
160th SOAR (A)

Great video again Cpl Spencer. Just kind of a question to HQ staff about the OP

What's the recommended altitude to deploy parachute? it seems a lot of people used their parachutes very early, I deployed mine at like 400 meters to remain undetected.

Blue Team you guys moved up to the overwatch position too fast and once we started taking fire you guys still kept posted there. If we're taking fire you guys should at least get in position to aid and engage/suppress the enemy target.

Good ambush by the way on the compound. Good eyes from you Cpl Spencer you kept eyes on that 2 man patrol and let us know when they were assaulting us. Textbook play by Banshee. However just like in the debrief, it was a bit of a clusterfuck once we got there. I think it may have been because there were 4 guys and one of you had to get patched up. We need to be quicker about clearing compounds and grabbing hostages and getting out of there before QRF arrives to take back the HVTs.

Also a comment about being in friendly territory, you guys started getting a bit complacent and a vehicle came and could of blown us all to shreds. Always keep security and keep your eyes peeled even when in friendly territory never know when some dude might come outta nowhere and decide "maybe I should shoot some MARSOC operators today?"

All in all good marksmanship that FTX. 

• 2 weeks later...

I kid you not. This is probably one of my favorite of your videos. This was the best editing as far a cuts and transitions. I also very much enjoyed the subtle music in the beginning, during the swim, and the flight home. Good shit man! It really added to the video. Keep posting these. I love watching them.  

1LT "Sparky" Creech
160th SOAR (A)

• 3 weeks later...

All  Personnel,

Be advised, all my 4th MRB videos will be posted on the 4th MRB YouTube Channel from now on.  Our unit Youtube channel name is, 4th Marine Raider Battalion Realism Unit.

More of our videos will be viewed if you subscribe to the channel, and "Like" the videos.  The Youtube search functions gives higher priorities to channels with videos that have "Likes".  We obviously want to promote out unit and this may help.

Please be sure to not only subscribe, but also select notifications so you will be notified when new videos are posted.

The following video was from our HVT capture mission on FTX 06-16.

Thanks

GySgt (Ret) Spencer
Critical Skills Operator
Retired

Dude, the superhero music in the beginning just gave me the school girl giggles and was so fitting! Then adding the screeching noises to tires. Another epic video from you! Thank you for all the hard work you put into these and even adding the smallest details that make them truly one of a kind. 

1LT "Sparky" Creech
160th SOAR (A)

All Personnel,

Most of you are aware I often record our training and ops.  I do this for your entertainment, but primarily to promote out unit, as a recruiting tool.  I am asking your help for the unit.  If you haven't already, please go to the unit YouTube Channel and subscribe to the channel.  Click on the gear icon next to the Subscribe button and select to be notified when new videos come out.  The more subscribers the channel has, and the more "Likes", the higher priority Youtube gives to a channel, and the easier it will be for people to find our YouTube Channel.  This of course means it is likely more people will see our videos, which means more potential recruits.

This video is my first commercial or promotional video for the 4th MRB.  I have several more in various stages of production.  (You wouldn't believe how long this took!)  Each commercial has a different focus.

Other videos being planned and shot now are two more commercials, a CLS training video, and training videos for other special activities.  Of course, I will continue to produce videos of training, FTX's and Operations.  If you have a suggestion for a video, let me  know.

Thanks men.

(As always, watch in High Definition)

GySgt (Ret) Spencer
Critical Skills Operator
Retired