Sweet Military themed Photos

HM2 (FMF) Eaelus

So, I've found some cool photos recently, and I'd like to see some stuff you guys have also found. Also if anyone can find the syntax to shrink photos on our new forum, I would LOVE to have it. width=1200url[/img] doesn't work anymore.

mA3BKSh.jpg

This one has an amazing story attached to it. Basically, the guys that took it were fucking around, and the photo ended up on some LTs laptop, and now the Army uses it for recruiting and some organizations use it for veterans promo work. The 101st guys that are in it/took it, have received nothing in return, and they don't even care.

Band_of_Brothers%2C_101st_in_Iraq.jpg

Girls from the all female battalion of Peshmerga. Some do 2 years of training before they're allowed in the field.

ypg-2.jpg

female-peshmerga.jpg?w=736

Corpsmen learning the skill of a Dive Medical Technician inside a recompression chamber. This is a kind of medicine 100% exclusive to the navy (even though the army has Engineer divers), and advanced care givers on the civilian side.
Decompression_chamber.jpg

HM2 (FMF) Eaelus
Fleet Marine Force Reconnaissance Corpsman, Reserves
4th MRB

This thread needs some "moving pictures" =)

Here are a few videos from 'back home' where I spent several years as a kid when my dad was an IP. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnX4lnTLxDs

US Army Flight School - Advanced Blackhawks (Ft. Rucker)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2IvJYrG7Lg

An old old video =) Boy how things have changed. 

1LT "Sparky" Creech
Rotary Wing Aviator, Reserves
160th SOAR (A)

• 3 weeks later...

Not a photo, but a good painting of the fighting in Belleau Wood, France, June 1918, when the Germans were stopped cold 30 miles from Paris by the 4th Marine Brigade.  Five different German divisions, four of them their crack assault troops, took turns trying to fight through to Paris, but they were all stopped, by this one brigade of US Marines.  Not only stopped, but the Marines advanced and pushed them out of the woods.  The fighting was close and brutal.  The details of what happened are absolutely amazing.

Maybe I'll post more information about Belleau Wood in my history thread later.

BelleauWood.jpg

GySgt (Ret) Spencer
Critical Skills Operator
Retired

M5p1PeZ.jpg

Australia V-J day 1945

3RhAWFw.jpg

UIwA18u.jpg

A Sergeant of the Royal Army Veterinary Corps bandages the wounded ear of a mine-detection Labrador dog named 'Jasper' at Bayeux in Normandy, 5th of July 1944.

t2usvBu.jpg

A Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) man in the bow of the rubber landing craft provides covering fire as a 10-man boat crew of the US Marine 3rd Raider Battalion reaches the undefended beach of Pavuvu in the Russell Islands during 'Operation Cleanslate'. February 1943.

p7SwbTP.jpg

opening the main gate with bursts of their M3 "Grease Guns"

HM2 (FMF) Eaelus
Fleet Marine Force Reconnaissance Corpsman, Reserves
4th MRB

• 3 weeks later...