Arsenal not saving but can't load "loadouts"

CW3 J. B. Moore

So...it bugged me quite a bit that the arsenal will not load your saved loadouts.  The LOAD button is always greyed out.  This can greatly increase the ready times of the unit each mission and defeats part of the purpose of having and using Arsenal.  The other is white listing the items.  However, I believe the white list is the issue.

I did some reading about past issues, how the Arsenal works, and how its currently implemented and had an inspirational moment.  I believe I have found a fix.  I tested it in the editor first on an FTX map from the Hell Fog training as well as the FTX map that starts from the ship.  In both cases my fix was able to correct the issue.   I've included the steps below. I'm making a short video to walk you through the steps for those that are less familiar with Arsenal.  I will post it shortly and amend this thread with that. 

1)  Enter either a saved 4th MRB map or the server running a 4th MRB map. This insures you are running a 4th MRB white-listed Arsenal.

2)  Approach the equipment box and equip yourself however you like.

3)  When done, exit back to normal game approach the equipment box and select "ARSENAL".

At this point you may be equipped however you like.  Many of you may have saved loadouts already as well.

4)  Once in the Arsenal, [sAVE] your current load out.  

At this point if you attempt to [LOAD] any loadouts you will should notice that you can not reload your loadout or any other loadout.

5)  Now, do a [RANDOM] load out from the menu at the bottom.  [sAVE] this loadout.

5)  Now, make a naked load out (absolutely no equipment).  [sAVE] this loadout as "00000" so it will be at the top.  (You can name it anything so long as it remains first in your save list and is naked.)

I believe so long as the first load out is completely legal, all the following ones work (non white list items should not load but the rest will).

6)  Next, select [LOAD] from the bottom menu, you should now be able to load all of your loadouts.

This should persist from game to game.  If it does not, repeat the above and you will regain access to all your saved loadouts.  If the white listed items change in the future (new mods) you may have to do this again as well as you loadouts.  I believe it has something to do with how the white list works.   When you alter weapons for example, by adding attachments you are actually changing the base name of the object.  ARMA does this to reduce scripting required to "assemble" a weapon of a character.  It only has to load one object.  This means the white list must contain every variation of weapon or equipment or you will get blocked from loading your loadouts.  

What I've done is kinda tricked the procedures  

Thanks.  I'll have a video up as soon as I can.

Please a few take the time to give this a try and let me know below if you are or are not successful or need assistance.

JB

CW3 J. B. Moore
Rotary Wing Aviator, Reserves
160th SOAR (A)

I've found that by creating a loadout without a radio in the communications slot will allow you to save and load said loadout. Worked for me the past few missions.

Other units are reporting similar things as Crowley has mentioned. I believe I have read that it has to do with the the way TFAR give unique serials to the radios. This should be resolved in a future TFAR release. =)

1LT "Sparky" Creech
160th SOAR (A)

I've found that by creating a loadout without a radio in the communications slot will allow you to save and load said loadout. Worked for me the past few missions.

If this solution works - nice workaround!

Other units are reporting similar things as Crowley has mentioned. I believe I have read that it has to do with the the way TFAR give unique serials to the radios. This should be resolved in a future TFAR release. =)

Makes sense.  Arsenal didn't use exhibit this behaviour, and then suddenly one day out of nowhere it inexplicably started doing it.  Spent many hours trying to find out what I'd put in the init/desc or scipts that was causing it, and never did run the issue down.  Good to hear there's plans to resolve it with the TFAR boys.

Capt Childs
Special Operations Officer, Reserves
4th MRB

I have never had an issue saving or loading a loadout in game. I've made multiple saved loadouts with the in-game arsenal and the VR Arsenal, all of which load completely fine without error in server. 

I'm not exactly sure what allows me to do this compared to everyone else though. 

SSgt Richter
Critical Skills Operator, Reserves | S-1 Personnel Clerk
4th MRB

I tried various iterations on the theme.  The one I presented works for me...but Stone reported it worked then didnt.  The TFAR thing makes alot of sense on a white listed box but not on one that is not.  I encourage to continue to post any work arounds that anyone has here as one may work for some but not others. 

I'll look at Crowley's suggestion tonight to see if that is the key why it worked for me or it there are other things that can make it work.

Thanks guys for the input.

CW3 J. B. Moore
160th SOAR (A)

I tried what Moore suggested and it worked...then I tried to reorder them by using the same convention as the "naked" loadout by putting a number of front and that broke it. I then tried to redo my custom loadouts and still didn't work. The last thing I tried to get it working again was keep my existing custom loadouts and redo the "naked" loadouts and that seemed to work.

SSgt Stone
Critical Skills Operator, Reserves
4th MRB

• 1 year later...

Currently having this issue myself, I will try both saving with and without radios and then try your "0000" fix. Is this still relevant now or will I be wasting my time?

UPDATE 1: Loadout is NOT loading, created a "0 naked" loadout and now it loads no problem. Also removed radio beforehand and that did not help. Relogging now to confirm.

UPDATE 2: Loadout is loading fine after relog, making a new random loadout through the virtual arsenal and trying again.

UPDATE 3: Random loadout is working fine, it seems that the naked loadout is at least a temporary fix. Thank you SSgt Moore.