I need

GySgt Spielman

Highly recommend the WASD keyboards.  Not illuminated - and that's the only downside, but mechanical however you want it (i.e. choices, choices), and customised however you want it.  Literally a metric butt ton of customisations.

For example, I have an 88-key custom, with keys coloured in my Chicago Bears team colours (I picked), choice of font style & colours, with Cherry MX Brown switches underneath, a further 0.2mm Red 0-ring on each key to reduce travel.  So pretty specific customisation.

Capt Childs
Special Operations Officer, Reserves
4th MRB

Mines OK.  You guys have me thinking maybe it's time to get another.  They don't even make my model anymore.  Maybe after I get to the new house later this year.

Some of you guys have awesome keyboards!

Mine:  https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126034

GySgt (Ret) Spencer
Critical Skills Operator
Retired

Highly recommend the WASD keyboards.  Not illuminated - and that's the only downside, but mechanical however you want it (i.e. choices, choices), and customised however you want it.  Literally a metric butt ton of customisations.

For example, I have an 88-key custom, with keys coloured in my Chicago Bears team colours (I picked), choice of font style & colours, with Cherry MX Brown switches underneath, a further 0.2mm Red 0-ring on each key to reduce travel.  So pretty specific customisation.

I would personally stay away far, far away from this keyboard. It appears from observation that there appears to be some wiring issues with this keyboard. The wiring issues are linked to frequent bad frags.   :P   (I have heard good things about these)

1LT "Sparky" Creech
Rotary Wing Aviator, Reserves
160th SOAR (A)

I would personally stay away far, far away from this keyboard. It appears from observation that there appears to be some wiring issues with this keyboard. The wiring issues are linked to frequent bad frags.   :P   (I have heard good things about these)

You're not wrong, though for different reasons.  I play with the room lights off, immersion etc plus it's 2-3am, so my keyboard is only illuminated by ambient light coming from the monitor.  This didn't matter when I had a keyboard with illuminated keys - I'd used Razer keyboards for a decade previously - but when I shifted to this non-lit keyboard it caused an awful lot of fumbling in the dark.

As any grown adult will concede, too much fumbling in the dark always results in unwanted shots fired.

Capt Childs
4th MRB

I like clicky clack so I have a Corsair K70 RGB with blue. I was planning on just getting the red backlit one but I thought I might as well spend the extra money.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EZV3AHO/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plus I can Make it do this

http://i.imgur.com/tseKxGl.gifv

HM1 (FMF) Massie
Fleet Marine Force Reconnaissance Corpsman, Reserves
4th MRB

The Razer software eventually did my head in, after as I said a decade.  Though here I am with my beloved Razer Mamba, my 3rd one, and the software is doing my head in, so I never learn.

My previous keyboard was a Blackwidow, can't complain with the keyboard TBH.  I was considering moving to a Blackwidow Chroma Stealth Tournament, when I switched to the WASD.

I'd recommend the Stealth versions, the non-Stealth keyboards are ludicrously loud.  Sounds like an army of giant ants are attacking your desk.

Capt Childs
4th MRB